Ok, it is official. Fall is now in full swing!
And with it, comes everyone's favourite flavour: Pumpkin Spice. Now, I don't know about you but I pretty much wait all year round for October, so I can start using pumpkin in everything I cook. From pumpkin seeds and pumpkin spice, to hollowing out a Jack-o-lantern and using its juicy innards to make a delicious soup.
Sometimes these things require a lot of work, and breakfast can get forgotten about. Well we have a breakfast solution to get your pumpkin spice fix first thing in the morning.
These are No Bake Vegan Pumpkin Spice Granola Bars. These delicious bars are super easy to make and are a great grab and go vegan pumpkin spice snack.
1/2 cup dates, (pitted)
¼ cup of maple syrup
¼ cup Almond Butter
3 cups Wilde Nuts Original Raw Granola
3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
1 ½ teaspoons ground allspice
1 ½ teaspoons ground cloves
1. In a Jar mix all the spices to create pumpkin spice flavour (This will make enough for around 2 batches).
2. Process dates in a food processor until it turns into an almost dough like consistency.
3. Pour Wilde Nuts Original Granola, 2 tablespoons of pumpkin spice mixture and processed dates into a mixing bowl.
4. Over a low heat, simmer the maple syrup and almond butter until it is pourable, then disperse evenly over the granola and dates in the mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly.
5. Place a sheet of baking parchment into a baking tray and spread the mixture over.
6. Press the mixture down firmly so it becomes compact (I use a heavy chopping board or the bottom of a pan).
7. Cover the baking tray and leave in the fridge for around 15 to 20 minutes.
8. Remove from fridge and cut into bars, for freshness best kept in an airtight container.