For the base
- 200g gingerbread
- 50g gingerbread pecans
- 150g unsalted butter (Vegan alternative nut butter)
For the filling
- 300g cream cheese (To make vegan use cream cheese alternative)
- 100g cane sugar
- 100g icing sugar
- 290ml double cream (To make vegan use an alternative such as pureed tofu)
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
For this recipe I used an 8 inch loose bottom cake tin with a cake release.
- In a food processor, add the gingerbread pecans and blend until it is all crumbled up. Put in a mixing bowl when finished.
- Melt the butter and pour it on top of the crumbles and mix well.
- Once it is all mixed, add it to the cake tin and with a spoon press firmly to make the base. Put the cake tin in the fridge to set.
- In a mixing bowl, add the Philadelphia cream cheese and whisk it until soft.
- Add the light brown sugar and mix well, then add the icing sugar, ground ginger and cinnamon and whisk again until everything is evenly mixed.
- Pour in the double cream and whisk until the mix becomes thick.
- Add the mix on top of the base in the cake tin and smooth the top with a spoon or a knife.
- As decoration I used Wilde Nuts Gingerbread Pecans.
- Let it chill in the fridge overnight and it will be ready to be served!